On Monday 26th June 2017, the second Phase of the multinational Exercise “ADRION LIVEX – CAX 2017” was completed at the Crete Naval Base, with the participation of all member states (Albania, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Montenegro and Slovenia).
From June 20th to June 30th 2017, the Exercise is being organised and taking place in the maritime area of Crete Island, in the context of Adriatic-Ionian Initiative – ADRION.
During the period from 20th to 26th June, the first two Phases of the Exercise were conducted and included the following activities:
- Arrival of ships – Force Assembly, at the Souda Naval Base.
- Computer Assisted Exercise - CAX at the NATO Maritime Interdiction Operational Training Centre (NMIOTC), Souda Naval Base.
- Crew training, on Maritime Interdiction Operations-MIO, at the NMIOTC.
- Crew training, on NBCD and Combat serials, by Hellenic Fleet Sea Riders (mobile team).
- Distinguished Visitors/MEDIA DAY on board HS ADRIAS, at the Souda Naval Base, where the Hellenic Navy was represented by the Deputy Chief of the Fleet, Rear Admiral Efthymios Mikros HN
The Exercise continues with the third Phase, which includes the activities at sea (LIVEX).