NAVMACHOS

NAVMACHOS

 

  • Crest
  • Specs
  • History
  • Photos

  • NAVMACHOS


    The sign of the gunboat HS NAVMACHOS describes a former ship of the same type using sails, with a cross and a sword crossing above the ship. The picture symbolizes the fight for “The Christianity and the Motherland” which was held by the crew of the Hellenic ships during the War for Independence in 1821..
     

  • Maximum length : 54.75 m
    Maximum width : 10,50 m
    Maximum draft : 3.4 m
    Displacement : 516 tons
    Maximum speed: 23.7 knots
    Maximum energy beam : 2800 nm
    ACCOMMODATION : 67 crew
    Main Engines : Two MTU 12 V POWER 2 X 5000 hp KW
    Generator power : Three DEMP / MAN, with effect 3 X 184 KW
    RHIB : A Barracuda 4,3 m , with 25 HP and a Mostro 6,2 m , with 90 HP

    WEAPON SYSTEMS
    1 OTOMELARA 76/62 (3 '')
    1 BOFORS 40/70
    2 RHEINMETALL 20mm

    SENSORS
    NAVIGATION RADAR DECCA
    SURFACE/AIR SEARCH RADAR TRITON
    GUNNERY RADAR ORION-10 XP
    GUNNERY SYSTEM NA-21 Mod 0

    ELECTRONIC WARFARE
    ESM / DR 2000 - ARIAL S1
    CHAFFS / WEGMAN I, J and IR
    TACTICAL SYSTEM
    TACTICAL CONSOLE SELESCAN 1024 / B MMG

    CREW
    Officers : 7
    Petty officers : 45
    Men Special Forces 15
  • HS NAVMACHOS is the second warship in the history of the Hellenic Nany that with this name which is derived from the composition of the words " NAV " ( SHIP) and " MACHOS " (FIGHTER) and indicates the warrior / fighter of naval battles. The first ship with the name NAVMACHOS was built in the shipyards of Canada “Canada - Redferm Construction Co Ltd, Torondo”. It was one of five former type “ALGERINE” British mine sweepers » and specifically former «HMS LIGHT FOOT» (M-64). Similar type were ships “ARMATOLOS“, ”MACHITIS “,”POLEMISTIS”and ” PYRPOLITIS”. The Greek flag was first hoisted on 07 August 1947 in Salamis Naval Base and her first Command Officer was Commander N . Athanasiadis H.N. It was used , at first, as a coastal patrol and then later took part in the civil war. After the civil war it was used as auxiliary boat and was decommissioned on December 11, 1973 . The modern HS NAVMACHOS is the second of the offshore patrol boats type “OSPREY 55” (ARMATOLOS-NAVMACHOS) which were built in the Hellenic Shipyards SA for the Hellenic Navy according to the plans of the Danish company DANYARD for Ships Offshore (Monitoring GHG Emissions) Class OSPREY 55 (Offshore Vessel Patrol OVP). The launching of the ship took place in March 1990. The ship was delivered to the Navy on July 27, 1990 and her first Command Officer was Commander D.Lainas HN.
  • Naumaxos
    P 19
    NAVMACHOS