Central display of the crest is the dynamic figure of gunboat MACHITIS onboard at maximum speed. The Greek flag waving proudly in background, symbol of the mission to project its colors throughout the Eastern Aegean and where else asked as well as the defense of its natural space, that of our territorial waters. Scattered in the blue of the sea islands of the Aegean, Greek societies honor the ship and help with the crew’s rest. Finally, its course to the East, always vigilant monitoring and facing the enemy, ready to take action with a complete picture of the area to patrol.
SHIP’S MAIN CHARACTERISTICS
Maximum length: 56m
Maximum width: 10m
Maximum Draft: 3.6 m
Displacement: 575 tons
Maximum speed: 22 knots
Maximum operational radius: 2000 nautical miles
Accommodation: 71 people
Main Engines: Two Wartsila Diesel 16V 25 (output 2x5000 HP)
Power Generators: Three DEMP/MAN, with effective 3x184 Kwatt
RHIB: Two Barracuda 7m, with 2x150 HP each (speed 60 knots)
Naval gun OTO MELARA 76/62
Νaval gun BOFFORS OTO BREDA 40L70
Two Νaval gun RHEIMENTAL 20mm
16 mines MK-55. SENSORS
Radar Air-Surface VARIANT
Radar Navigation DECCA BRIDGEMASTER 250E
Radar Navigation RL – 80 C Raytheon
Combat data systems: MIRADOR TVT, IRT camera laser firing mode, LIROD Mk 2 TV
camera ELECTRONIC WARFARE
ESM DR-3000 SLW
Countermeasures Decoys: 2 launchers CHAFF SRBOC ΜΚ 36 Mod 2
IFF MK 12 Mod 4
SMCS TACTICOS Signaal Modular Combat System , MOC MK 3
Communication System ΙCS 2002
Petty Officers: 41
Special Forces: 21
The gunboat MACHITIS is the first of four gunboats of the same class built in Greek Shipyards. The construction work started on 18 July 2001 and at 15 January 2002 the keel was put to place. The ship was launched on 14 June 2002 and commissioned on 29 October 2003 with the raising of the Greek flag. It is the second ship in the history of the Navy named MACHITIS. The first was a British Minesweeper Second World War type "ALGERINE" which was built in Toronto by the shipyards "Canada Construction Co Ltd". The ship was launched on 18 March 1943, she was activated on 25 November 1943 and on 31 March 1951 she joined the Navy. She remained active as M/S under pennant M-58 until 23 December 1953, when she was retired to serve as <<<ΕYKAIRIA>> under the side number A-58. The ship was decommissioned at February 28, 1974. Ships of the same type were ARMATOLOS, NAVMACHOS, POLEMISTIS, PIRPOLITIS.
D. MPAGIAS Η.N.
N. DARADHMOS Η.N.